News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Atlantic City Convention Hall Organ

Started by Bobbell9, October 31, 2012, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbell9

Latest news from Boardwalkpipes.com
OCTOBER 31, 2012
The latest news is that it is not currently possible to get into Atlantic City. Therefore, an assessment of the Hall and the organs cannot take place. Organ Curator Carl Loeser reports: "I just spoke to one of our engineers. They have a skeleton crew at the building. At first glance, it looks like Boardwalk Hall survived. There apparently was/is a few inches of water on the garage level, that should not have caused any problems to our equipment. Thankfully, we already had moved the 125HP blower up out of the pit [below the garage]. No roof damage, as far as I have been told. So, until we can make a closer examination, that is all I can report. I do not know whether I will be able to get into Atlantic City this week. They still have things closed down pretty tight. Plus, you can't drink the water." Further updates will be posted here as-and-when they are available.  :)

JBR

Just how likely is it that this organ will ever be restored to full working operation?  Are any parts beyond repair, or is it just a matter of putting things right bit by bit as time and finances permit?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Bobbell9

They got $100,000 grant so work is underway, see (and join supporters at) www.boardwalkpipes.com

JBR

Quote from: Bobbell9 on November 05, 2012, 05:01:06 PM
They got $100,000 grant so work is underway, see (and join supporters at) www.boardwalkpipes.com

Thanks.  Good news but, I suspect, a drop in the ocean that will be required.  Let's hope things don't fizzle out!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire