News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Harrison & Harrison in Cumberland

Started by diapason, June 24, 2013, 05:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Drinkell

Just checked - someone has got themselves a lovely organ for less than sixteen hundred pounds!  I hope it will be well rehoused.

Contra_Gamba

It's me!  I hope it's as good as the pedigree and description suggests but at the price, I didn't think I could go far wrong.   It is to be re-housed and used as a Chancel Organ in the Church of the Most Precious Blood, London SE1.  Just got the headache of dismantling and moving it from the other end of the Country!

It's a clever little specification on paper (Lt Col Dixon's influence on display) but I've yet to hear it.  Sadly there is not an eponymous Contra Gamba 16 but a Contra Dulciana 16 on the Great - I'll just have to make do and maybe change my name on this bulletin board!  Hope to have it up and running in the Autumn.

(We've also got a rescued 3 man 1874/1912 Lewis awaiting the funds to build it in the West gallery - I mention it just in case someone has the odd £140k to spare!)

Regards,

Chris Smith

Spec of the Harrison:
Pedal   Key action TP  Stop action TP  Compass-low C  Compass-high f1  Keys 30
               1   Sub Bass   16
Great   Key action Tr  Stop action Me  Compass-low C  Compass-high g3  Keys 56
               2   Contra Dulciana   16
               3   Open Diapason   8
               4   Claribel Flute   8
               5   Octave   4
               6   Super Octave   2
Swell   Key action Tr  Stop action Me  Compass-low C  Compass-high g3  Keys 56 Enclosed
               7   Gedeckt   8
               8   Viola   8
               9   Geigen Principal   4

Radiating & Concave pedalboard, balanced Swell 
Swell to Pedal
Swell to Great
Swell octave
Great to Pedal

diapason

Congratulations of your purchase.  I hope that you enjoy the organ - please keep us posted as to progress.
N

David Drinkell

Congratulations, Chris.  Best wishes with the move and long life to enjoy it!

Contra_Gamba

Alas, the measurements for the depth did not include the pedal board so the Organ would not fit the available space hence the organ is still available on the IBO Redundant organ site.