News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

House organ

Started by diapason, March 04, 2014, 10:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diapason

I'm probably going to have to move house soon into a smaller modern house.  Sadly, there probably won't be room for my wonderful and cherished house organ, so I'm reluctantly advertising it for sale.

It's based on a 1920's Aeolian - 5-ranks, 2-manual & pedal.  Console if a standard size and the pipework is around 7' wide, 4 deep and 7' high.

I'm in West Somerset.  Please contact me for more information.

bobtheorganist

Very interested when available: I have tired quickly of my digital marvel...bobtheorganist@hotmail.com

diapason

Hi Bob,

You have a message.

Nigel

diapason

Still need to find a new home for this lovely instrument.

Bourdon

Really interested - perhaps you could email more information?

joshua.rayner@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

diapason

Hi,

Thanks for your email.  I saw your wanted ad also on this forum: if you're looking for an organ for a church, I doubt that mine will be loud enough - the voicing is, intentionally, very gentle.  If you're looking for something for home practice, it will be excellent - let me know.

Regards,

Nigel

Bourdon

That's a shame - have to carry on the search then!

All the same, good luck with selling yours

Broadscot

Do you still have the 5 rand Aeolian?  I have the remains of an 11 rank but would like a smaller instrument for home installation. If you still have it could you send me some details or even pics if you have any. Many thanks  -chas.  broadscot@msn.com

diapason

Hi Chas,

Some details sent to you today.  Sorry for the delay - I've been rushed off my feet!

Regards,

Nigel

NEorganist

Hi,

I might be interested if the offer is still available... andrewfiddes.organist@gmail.com

Thanks,
Andrew

David Pinnegar

Any news on this?

Best wishes

David P

diapason

A bit of interest, but nothing serious.  Circumstances are changing, so I may be able to keep her.  :)

diapason

Can I give another plug for the sale of my house organ.  Things seem to be finally moving on the house sale front, so i may have to move sooner rather than later.  All sensible offers considered.

slm

Is this organ available? How tall, wide, deep is it? It is wanted for a practice organ. How many pedals does it have? What do you consider a sensible offer?

diapason

Hi,

I've just picked this up, so sorry for the delay in responding.  The organ is still for sale.  I have to move out soon, so' sadly, it needs to go.  The details are below - please contact me if you are interested.

Regards,

Nigel

SPECIFICATION OF HOUSE ORGAN
The organ is essentially a unit organ of five ranks;
A   Principal 4 - becomes 8 with bass from B
B   Stopped flute 8
C   Dulciana 4 becomes 8 with bass from B (originally 16)
D   Tierce 1 3/5
E   Bourdon 16

Manual 1 (61 notes
A/B    Diapason 8
B   Gedeck t 8
C/B   Dulciana  8
A   Principal  4
C   Dulcette  4
C   Twelth   2 2/3
C   Fifteenth 2
C   Nineteenth   1 1/3
C   Twentysecond  1
Manual 2  (61 notes)
B   Gedeckt  8
C/B   Dulciana  8
A   Principal  4
B   Flute  4
C   Dulcette  4
B   Nazard  2 2/3
B   Piccolo  2
D   Tierce  1 3/5
C   Twentysecond  1
Pedal  ( 30 notes)
B/E   Contra bass  16
Contra dulciana  16  (no longer present0
   Echo bass  16 (previously electronic – now removed)
B   Flute 8
C/B   Dulciana 8
C   Quint 5 1/3
A    Fifteenth  4
B   Flute  4
C   Dulcette  4
C   Mixture ll

Double touch stop action  Three adjustable pistons to each manual – setter board below music desk.
Dimensions:
Soundboards & pipes: 97" (length) x 38" (depth) x 86" (height)
Console: 55" (width) x  32" (depth (+ 16" for pedal board & bench) x 57" (height to top of music desk)
Notes: (provided by John Scott Whiteley)
The organ has been used for practice by a number of eminent recitalists.  Gillian Weir, the Great dame, declared, on rehearsing Widor's Toccata on it, that it was the best practice organ she had ever encountered. Gordon Stewart, Kevin Bowyer, Thomas trotter, David Sanger, Pierre Pincemaille and Naji Hakim have all practiced for a short time on it.  John Scott Whiteley used it regularly to learn repertoire, including some of the Bach he performed in the Complete Works series in York Minster, September to November 2000, and also televised on BBC 2 and BBC 4 between June 2003 and April 2009.

diapason

Sadly, still needing a new home for this organ.  I have to move out by the end of Feb ad don't really want to have to store it in the church crypt which is somewhat damp.

N

diapason

I'm moving in mid-January.  Last chance to buy the organ before it has to go into storage.

Fr. Otto

The Church here is not damp (we've been spending thousands on the West Wall, and now the Tower, to stop the ingress of water): could we, possibly, save you storage costs (I'll check available space before Evensong tonight) and let the flock have a taste of what an Organ can do (they might even end up coming to you on bended knee - 'Please can we keep this Organ? How much? Is that all?').
The Church is quite small, and, presumably, it might be possible to adjust the voicing...
I can't think why, when they b******d up the little machine here, they didn't give it Double Touch.
N. Devon's not all that far from W. Somerset.
f#

diapason

Dear Fr Otto,

Thanks for your interest.  I'm going to have to start dismantling her soon - a friend who is an electronics engineer is thinking about ways to split the multicores which would make it possible to move her out without using a cherry picker - which I can't afford this time round.  I've found a flat locally in which it would just be possible for her to fit, so at a push, I could rebuild her there.  But, if St Helen's are interested .............  I'm in Wivey - TA4 if you want to have a look at her before she comes apart.

Regards,

Nigel

Fr. Otto

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I've measured up, and I don't think we could house her for you, except for lengthwise W. of the Font, and with the Console somewhere else.
There was I thinking 'Multicore' was just a brand of solder. Good wishes for your move: we've had a good many, and I'm sure each one has aged me.
FJRO