News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

French organ magazine

Started by Nicolette, December 02, 2015, 08:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolette

In France recently, I bought a copy of the quarterly "Orgues Nouvelles".  This turned out to be more than an exercise in reading organ news in French because it came with volume 28 of "Cahier de partitions".   This is a little selection of very attractive short organ pieces by (in this edition) French and German composers across the centuries.  I'm going to subscribe to this - if I can find it - and would definitely recommend it for the music inside!
Nicolette
Nicolette Fraser, B. Mus., ARCO

David Pinnegar

This sounds most interesting. Please could you give details for signing up?

Many thanks

David P

Nicolette

Hello David - the details for signing up are on this page:

http://orgues-nouvelles.weebly.com/abonnements.html

(English translation available)

Best wishes,
Nicolette

Nicolette

There was a slight delay in the January edition of this magazine appearing but it has done now and it's excellent.  It's in French (obviously!) but I'm managing to get the general gist of what's inside.  This edition features an article on the acoustical properties of the reed stops, and another on partnering organ with trumpet.  In this edition's "Cahier de Partitions", there are some great, short organ pieces, including two by Michael Praetorius that I'll play soon as voluntaries.   Then there's the CD which comes with each edition, featuring these two pieces and a variety of other works across the centuries, for organ alone, organ with trumpet and organ with voice.   Orgues Nouvelles is good!

Nicolette

David Pinnegar

Dear Nicolette

Thanks so much for reporting on this. It sounds fascinating.

Could you possibly give details of how to subscribe?

Also do you have a YouTube channel?

Best wishes

David P

Nicolette

David, here is the link to the subscriptions ("abonnements") page: 
http://orgues-nouvelles.weebly.com/abonnements.html

I should say, there is also an English translation of the whole website, subscriptions-page included.

I don't have a youtube channel - yet!

Best wishes,
Nicolette