News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

How many churches couldn't find an organist at Christmas?

Started by David Pinnegar, January 08, 2017, 08:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

The local Association sent around an appeal for a midnight organist. I don't know if the church found one but I wonder how many churches missed having the organ as part of Christmas?

Best wishes

David P

Piperdane

I just can't imagine what it would be like without the organ at Christmas Eve or Day services, especially if that were the norm for all prior years.

I myself have been in church at the console every Christmas for the past 55 years. 

If I were unable to play, my church has two emeritus organists within its membership who could fill my shoes.

diapason

I depped in a little village church where they haven't had a regular organist for 2 years.  Not unusual, as they can't afford to pay anyone.

diapason

I depped in a little village church where they haven't had a regular organist for 2 years.  Not unusual, as they can't afford to pay anyone.

daviddvse

I played at 6 different churches over the period 18 December-01 January. Each had contacted me through a third party. If there's such a need then we really need a national (as opposed to London-based) register of some sort.