News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Speakers for sale suitable for Hauptwerk

Started by David Pinnegar, December 12, 2010, 06:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

An acquaintence's Dad has died and his family are disposing of various things. He was a recording engineer for Glyndebourne and, needless to say, kept company with the best array of equipment available.

If anyone is interested in his speakers please contact me 01342 850594 or antespam@gmail.com

The they are the legendary Mangers - http://www.manger-audio.co.uk/

These use a total of six tranducers for the stereo pair plus two woofer boxes. I have auditioned them and one realises why they are favoured by audio engineers, with a smooth flat frequency response going down to organ depths to which one can listen without tiring for very long periods.

Were someone to offer just the cost of the 6 units plus a bit more for the bass boxes, I'm sure that the offer would be accepted.

Because the upper units produce a widefield sound as tripoles, they give good spaciousness in domestic surroundings and no more than two channels are needed from the computer system. Of course in use with Hauptwerk one could use these as the main speakers and use others for reverb or anything not requiring such a superbly perfectly flat sound.

They happen to be rather good for hi-fi too!

Best wishes

David P

David Pinnegar

Hi!

As I hear more of the Manger speakers, the more one appreciates their suitability for hi-fi reproduction of the nature of which is likely to be in demand by users of Hauptwerk home organ installations. They are very transparent and retiring, having no obvious "signature" of their own.

Best wishes

David P

NonPlayingAnorak

David Pinnegar

Quote from: NonPlayingAnorak on December 17, 2010, 01:18:25 AM
How much do the family want for them?

Hi!

I'd have thought that an offer in the direction of the cost of the Manger MSW units might be considered favourably and this will be around half new price of the speakers. I understand from a mutual friend that they are around 2 years old.

Best wishes

David P

NonPlayingAnorak

Being unfamiliar with the world of speakers, could you perhaps descend to such a base level of vulgarity as to just give me a vague number?