News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Speakers for dry organ installations

Started by pwhodges, October 08, 2010, 12:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

For what its worth I have taken one photo of the "wet" (literally ;D  speaker stack and have temporarily (until I find something else of interest) thrown it up as the background image on my youtube channel for "all the world to see" ;D

www.youtube.com/user/kb7dqh

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

David Pinnegar

Dear Eric

Thanks for this - the page content obscures the photo rather tantalisingly . . .

If you go to Additional Options in replying to this thread, you'll find a box labelled Attach and a button to browse your computer for the image. Can you reduce it to no more than 400 or 500 wide?

Best wishes

David P

KB7DQH

I knew I was "missing" something :-[

For an "uncluttered" look on the Youtube channel (and this works with others who have background images I "right click" the page and use the browser "view background image" selection, and, voila ;D

Now I can have all kinds of fun ;D

Yes, that really is my Bus favorited from VE7DXG's channel.

The sound system in that is nearly as impressive as the one in my house :-[ :o 8) ;D  but still is not "up to standard"...  At least when seated near the rear...  From the forward radio operating positions and the driver's seat the acoustic is absolutely magnificent, the delay from the rear speakers some 4 meters behind the front set coupled with a slightly drier acoustic in the center in an otherwise reverberant space...  Absolutely ideal for playback of your favorite pre-recorded "organ tunes"...
What I am currently using for rear speakers have terrible midrange performance which is balanced out by what I am currently using as front speakers.  whilst seated in the front or for that matter enjoying a lie down in either of the berthing spaces provided near the center of the vehicle interior.

Add console and computer for "live" virtual organ performance whilst rolling down the highway ;)
Now to figure out the proper method of (legally) restraining the organist into a seat in a manner so as to fully utilize the pedalboard :o   

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

David Pinnegar

Quote from: KB7DQH on December 16, 2010, 11:35:04 AM
I knew I was "missing" something :-[For an "uncluttered" look on the Youtube channel (and this works with others who have background images I "right click" the page and use the browser "view background image" selection, and, voila ;D

WOW! Amazing tip.

Hope forum members enjoy seeing this one - it's a speaker system Eric made for organ music in the wet . . .

Best wishes

David P