News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

This makes Post One HUNDRED (and one)

Started by KB7DQH, April 12, 2010, 05:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

8) I once served as part of a small security detail on a motion picture film project 20 years ago...
One of the traditions in film making is the party thrown after the 100th roll of film is shot...
Sorry I will have to miss the "over 100 posts" party as the local radio program featuring Organ and Choral music (listed elsewhere on this forum ;D  begins in just a few minutes 8) 8) 8) 8)

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

KB7DQH

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/article_e027a4e3-c901-530d-901e-d1d801fe80d7.html

My 101st post ;D

This organ is one of three made by Aeolian-Skinner in the State of Arizona, now in the process of being reinstalled... Although the article linked above is not specific, it appears to be displacing an electronic device 8) 

It is noteworthy as there are so few Aeolian-Skinners West of the Misssissippi River in the USA...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

David Pinnegar

Hi!

It's normally quality rather than quantity that counts . . . but in your posts we're lucky to have both!

Yet another story of a pipe organ displacing an electronic. . . . This is starting to get interesting. I'm not sure how many of these examples are being turned up at the moment but perhaps there should be a new category for such posts . . . !

Best wishes

David P

KB7DQH

Google Alerts is my friend ;)

I have it set to look for "pipe organ", and  generally have to weed out some stuff not entirely appropriate for this forum...  and, of course, duplicate articles.

And as happens on occasion, one thing leads to another, etc...  and I try to bring the most relevant information to light, here on this forum.

I can imagine that a new category for Works of Art replacing or displacing  appliances may be beneficial ;)   as it is always nice to hear "good news" for a change...

Eric
KB7DQH