News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Parr Hall, Warrington Cavaille-Coll organ

Started by Victor Potter, August 01, 2011, 06:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Potter

Is anyone keeping an eye on this one - it looks an absolute gem. Interesting article by Joe Riley in latest Organists' Review entitled 'Post script'.

Barrie Davis

Yes the organ world is aware of this but where its new home will be can only be speculated upon

Best wishes

Barrie

S.478

Speaking to David Wells after the last recital and he was hopeful that the organ will continue to sound within the  Parr Hall for the next year or so at least.

Pity that Sheffield could not take it on but we are talking serious amounts of money ;the usual story unfortunately.
At least Warrington Council have, and continue to be, sympathetic towards the organ but within present economic restraints there is only so much they can do.

The organs survival has up to now been due to a very small band of unnamed dedicated volunteers.

Paul Duffy

There is a recital on this instrument in March this year by Ian Tracey. The administration at the Parr Hall should be congratulated for this, and we should all try to show our appreciation by attending. I will certainly be going.

Best wishes,
Paul.

Organiste 2014

Hello Paul,  I'm pleased you will be at Ian Tracey's Recital in the Parr Hall next Wednesday. Ian is playing a very good programme and we won't be disappointed.
Let this be the turning point when it comes to Recitals in the Parr Hall. We must make sure that this is the first in a series of Recitals in the town.
From Organiste 2014

Paul Duffy

Have already got tickets. Will be in seat 66 in the balcony.

Best wishes,
Paul

Organiste 2014

C E L E B R I T Y  O R G A N  R E C I T A L

'THE GREAT PARISIAN TRADITION'

PARR HALL, WARRINGTON
by
I A N  T R A C E Y
Liverpool Cathedral & Liverpool City Organist
Wednesday 12th March, 2014, 7.45pm

PROGRAMME

St. Gervais Passacaglia in b Louis Couperin

St. Eustache Lamento & Elves (Douze Pièces Nouvelles) Josef Bonnet

St. Trinité Le Banquet Celeste Olivier Messiaen

Pastorale (Organ Symphony no 1 Op 42.) Alexandre Guilmant

St. Augustin Grand Choeur Dialoguée Eugene Gigout

La Madeleine Prelude in B major (Op.99) Camille Saint-Saens

Toccata in G (Douze Pièces) Theodore Dubois

INTERVAL

St. Sulpice Basse et Dessus de Trompette Louis Nicholas Clerambault

Adagio (Sinfonie V) Charles Marie Widor

Ste. Clotilde Pastorale (Six Pièces) Cesar Franck

Improvisation sur le 'Te Deum' Charles Tournemire/Duruflé

Modal en La (Huit Pièces Modales) Jean Langlais

Notre Dame Te Lucis Anteterminum (Tombeau de Titelouze) Marcel Dupré

Allegro Vivace (Symphonie I) Louis Vierne

Scherzo Symphonique Pierre Cochereau

oooOooo

Organiste 2014

For those of you who would like to know more about the 1870 Cavaille-Coll Organ in the Parr Hall, Warrington, England - there is a group on Facebook 'Warrington Cavaille-Coll Organ'.
https://facebook.com/groups/660405240701596/

I have shared a great deal of information from my archive on this fine instrument.
This has reached many amateur and professional organists, and enthusiasts.

I have been successful in linking this group and information to the Facebook group 'Aristide Cavaillé-Coll e i suoi Organi'.
This has been well received by enthusiasts of all nationalities.

I invite you to join the Warrington C-C Organ group.

Organiste 2014

Please support Warrington Cavaille-Coll Organ Recital at Parr Hall. Warrington on 22nd October 2014, 7.30pm. The organ is not heard in public very often, but your support may mean we can hold more recitals and encourage greater use of this wonderful instrument.
Michael Wynne plays at St. Mary's on Buttermarket Street, Warrington and Benjamin Chewter plays at Chester Cathedral. Both are exceptionally talented organists.
Organ Recital – Michael Wynne & Benjamin Chewter

Date(s)/Time: 22 Oct 2014, 7:30pm

Ticket Price: £5/£4.50

Music

Come hear the sounds of the Cavaille Coll played by two of the country's finest organists

Michael Wynne is the Director of Music at St. Mary's Priory, Warrington, and recently hosted the first northern Choral Workshop with James Macmillan. Michael studied Organ with Ian Tracey, Susan Landale, David Titterington and Patrick Russill. He regularly records with BBC radio, television and GMR.

Benjamin Chewter is the Assistant Director of Music at Chester Cathedral. He has performed extensively throughout the UK (with recent venues including Westminster Abbey, Lichfield, Coventry, Blackburn, St Albans and Gloucester Cathedrals). His debut solo disc Organ Showpieces from Chester Cathedral was launched in 2013.

Organiste 2014

This is the link to the Facebook group 'Warrington Cavaille-Coll Organ'.
https://facebook.com/groups/660405240701596/

Organiste 2014

Church Organist, and Cheshire Life reporter - Robert Beale has written an article 'Preserving the Cavaillé-Coll organ at Parr Hall, Warrington'.
This is the link to the article 
http://www.cheshirelife.co.uk/out-about/preserving_the_cavaille_coll_organ_at_parr_hall_warrington_1_3782813