News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

!ROBERT WOLFE! in Concert

Started by barniclecompton, June 22, 2010, 02:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barniclecompton

ROBERT WOLFE
Organist of the famous Thursford Collection, Norfolk
Will appear in concert at the Opera House, Blackpool WinterGardens
On October the 19th 2010 at 2pm
[/size][/size][/font]

KB7DQH

Pretty healthy crowd I suspect... Will be interesting to see what press the Seattle ATOS convention has generated... It concluded last weekend, Sadly, was unable to attend...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

barniclecompton

Alot of holiday makers came to the concert, and we had a group of 20 students in who were amazed by the whole event and very much enjoyed it which was very good news.

barniclecompton

Anyone thinking of attending this concert or going to be?

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Whether or not anyone attended it's really encouraging to see the number of times this thread has been read. Thanks for posting photos of the auditorium and console too - very interesting

Best wishes

David P

barniclecompton

Yes, its great to see people are reading this. Robert wolfe is a fantastic organist and showman, and he usually attracts a good crowd. His style is somewhat unique, you know where he has got his basis, but he really has made it his own style.

http://www.robertwolfe.co.uk/about/about.html

barniclecompton

Dont forget to attend folks! Its important that people attend and the concerts are profitable to allow these concerts to keep going!!

barniclecompton

Had a fantastic attendance of 462 today for Robert Wolfe

David Pinnegar

Quote from: barniclecompton on October 20, 2010, 04:05:47 AM
Had a fantastic attendance of 462 today for Robert Wolfe

WOW! That's great! Very encouraging.

How many classical organ concerts can draw that crowd? Carlo used to . . .

Best wishes

David P

barniclecompton

This is great, especially for just a single organist. We had 483 in july for the 4 organits concert but this, as you say, ver encouraging.
I was recently at a Carlo Curley concert, and, by the interval, most had walked out. I feel there was too much talking, which seems to be happening more and more. Yes its interesting, but, it is important remember that people come to hear the organ, and not a lecture. Also, giving the crowd what it wants is something I feel makes alot more difference.
Roberts playing is always at the same high standard, I cannot fault him in anyway at all.
The next concert will be Phil Kelsall M.B.E on the 6th of April, I will anounce the full details soon. Over the winter, the organ will be having quite abit of much needed maintanace, fixing wind leaks, getting pipes back on speach, releathering the regulators, and various other things, all to be completed and back in by March!