News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

W.E Richardson 2m+p organ in Ipswich

Started by Holditch, October 23, 2011, 08:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holditch

Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

wjoefox

Just for the interest of other members, before this listing ends on Tuesday, here's some more information about the Richardson, which is located in Clarkson Street Free Church Ipswich. I made contact with the church about it, but it turns out that it's not going to work for my particular situation. It needs to be removed within the next month.
Other than the useful info on eBay, I thought I'd share what the church contact said:
We are informed that the organ was used regularly and tuned/serviced up to about 10 years ago. Use of the organ over the past 10 years has decreased to the extent that use over the past 5 years has been very occasional.
Our church has just acquired the building in which the organ is housed from another church whose congregation has dwindled to a handful. All we know about the organ is what we have been told by the present trustees of the outgoing church and their knowledge is limited. For that reason we are not in a position to offer any warranties. As indicated on ebay, the instrument is 'in playing condition' and 'sold as seen and heard.' The starting bid quoted reflects that.
Two organ builders from different local firms have inspected and played the organ the last month and both expressed the opinion that it's an O.K. instrument. One of them used the word 'bargain' and was keen to recommend it to a client, the only problem being that the client could not take it within the time window we require. The blower is very old and noisy but these guys indicated the there would be no problem with replacing it at modest with a newer, quieter model.

As well as the good pictures on eBay, I have been sent some more of the sides, which I will happily forward by PM. They show just how shallow the instrument's footprint is. It really would be an excellent small option for someone perhaps as a house organ, with some modifications. With the addition of a 2' on the Great, one would have an acceptable Plenum, without mixtures.
Should you need a contact, please PM me, and I will swiftly put you in touch with the church. Let's try to save this!

diapason