News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Donors Choose the Program For Benefit Organ Concert

Started by KB7DQH, October 29, 2011, 06:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=31&id=46890

Quote(c) Brooklyn Daily Eagle 2011 All materials posted on BrooklynEagle.com are protected by United States copyright law. Just a reminder, though -- It's not considered polite to paste the entire story on your blog. Most blogs post a summary or the first paragraph,( 40 words) then post a link to the rest of the story. That helps increase click-throughs for everyone, and minimizes copyright issues. So please keep posting, but not the entire article. arturcatt at.gmail.com

Sooo...

QuoteJoseph Vitacco, Chair of the Organ Committee, has spearheaded the restoration project. His own love of organ music — sparked by childhood visits to Our Lady of Refuge — inspired him to found JAV Recordings in 1997. The company pairs premier musicians with pipe organs around the world. For him, restoring the Kilgen Organ is as much about the future as the past.

"At one time, Brooklyn had 900 pipe organs — 900! It's hard to imagine," says Vitacco. The instruments were in public schools, auditoriums, concert halls, museums, movie theaters and houses of worship of all denominations. Of all of those instruments, only about 70 are still in use (in various states of repair) in a city of 2.5 million.

Advance tickets are $20 for the concert; $30 for the post-concert reception. Tickets at the door for the concert are $25.

Visit http://www.olrbrooklyn.org/nov18 for more information.

I figured I would quote what I felt was the most compelling part of the concert announcement...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."