News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

J & D Drake Organ Builders

Started by revtonynewnham, June 11, 2010, 12:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

Hi

A couple of days ago I came across an organ (1980) by this organ builder, who I've never heard of.  Anyone know anything about the firm - I would guess they are/were in Yorkshire or not too far away.  There's nothing in DBOB (but that only goes up to 1950), and no other instruments by them on NPOR (although there is one by a John Drake - possibly the "J" in "J & D"?

Thanks

Every Blessing

Tony

Barrie Davis

Hi

The only firm I know of by the name of Drake, built the organ in Stourport Parish Church and rebuilt the Ballroom Organ at Buckingham Palace, could they be connected? I have a vague idea that the Drake I am thinking of has the intial W.

Barrie

revtonynewnham

Hi

Not the same firm at all - William Drake is based in Buckfastleigh, and has built and/or restored a good number of organs - all(?) traker, and very different from the organ in Westcliffe Chapel, Shipley (which is unusual - not so much for the organ, but because it's a Christian Brethren church - I've only come across one other that had an organ).

Every Blessing

Tony