News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

The organ in St Nicolas. Meursault, France

Started by hector17, June 15, 2010, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector17

I have been heavily involved with the parish by way of helping them to understand that they have an historical instrument.  While small, it has a lot to say for itself and is a fabulous organ to play, especially for the liturgy.  While it is very much a work in progress, I have put together a website which is currently being updated in time for a recital I am giving there in July.  The website has an English page which contains much history about the church, organ and area.  The audio page contains complete pieces taken from a recital I gave there in 2008.  The playing is not of the highest order, and the organ was suffering due to the high heat, and these factors combined with the fact that the Anches Appel pedal kept springing off, rather conspired against a smoothly played recital.  However, you can hear the quality of the unrestored organ.  It is very difficult to realise that the sound comes from just nine stops!  It is hoped that Bartholemy Formintelli of Verona will do the restoration in the near future.  The website address is:

www.meursaultorgue.com

Formintelli has produced an excellent report and intends to affect an historic restoration.  As you can see from the many photos on the website, the organ really looks shabby, but still sounds pretty good too!

My wife and I own a house and apartment not far from Meursault (I play there on Sundays when we are on holiday).  Should anyone wish to come and see and try the organ, you would be most welcome. PM me privately and I will let you have further details.  Equally so, you would be welcome to rent the house or apartment - again for further details PC me privately.

Hector