News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

NEW Priory Records CD: Historic Organs of Malta and Gozo

Started by maltese_organbuilder, December 25, 2011, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maltese_organbuilder

Hi, Priory Records has just launched a new CD. They have recorded 8 historic organs dating from about 1777 to 1908, all of Italian origin.

These organs have all been restored by myself over the past 12 years.

The organist is Michal Novenko, a professor at Prague Conservatoire, and a conoisseur and sensitive interpreter of the ideal repertoire for such instruments.

The range of instruments is very wide: one hears delicate silky tones of the Principale 4' at Cospicua Oratory, and the majestic Tutti in an Operatic Transcription style played at Mosta Dome (in 11second echo) !

Priory has fulfilled a great void by producing this CD, since there was almost no availability of recorded Maltese organs on the international market. I believe Priory also have an app of Itunes whereby one can buy individual tracks (but I'm not sure about that).

All the best for 2012,
Robert Buhagiar
Organbuilder Malta

flared_ophicleide

Until I read that the time window for the organs was 1777 to 1908, I was thinking that Fratelli Ruffatti's monumental restoration on the 1579 organ, at Co-Cathedral of St. John, Valletta, was included.

One of these days, I'm definitely going to grab a copy of this CD.  I'm big on reverb.