News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ website

Started by pcnd5584, January 25, 2012, 11:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcnd5584

I hope that the rest of the administration team do not mind me advertising a link to my own website:

www.organanoraks.com/

There are a few resources and galleries to look through, in addition to a feature on the CD recording of the organ in Wimborne Minster. However, there is still a great deal of work to do. The Gazetteer in particular, needs sorting into a more logical order; this will have to wait for a few days or so, though.

Visitors are welcome.
Pierre Cochereau rocked, man

David Drinkell

I was suitably edified and had a good laugh too.  A winning formula - thank-you.

David Pinnegar

Dear Sean

Your site is great . . . and encouraging enthusiasms is what this site is all about . . . so yes please keep working on it! I think it was through your site that I discovered your most enjoyable Wimborne Minster organ CD which I very much recommend other members to buy.

I wish a few other members with interesting sites and CDs would (such as Hector) continue to plug away here enthusing other members about their work . . . That's what this site is for . . .

It's heartening to know also that organ anoraks wind up being great inspirational players, even if through multiple convolutions  ;) . . .

Best wishes

David P

pcnd5584

Thank you to David and David for your kind comments above.

I hope to expand the Gazetteer at the week-end (and possibly impose a more alphabetically-ordered layout); in addition, I have found my photographs of a choir trip to Santiago (Spain), for which I was organist - I hope to upload another new gallery of these pictures at the week-end, too

Barrie Davis

Dear Sean,

I have just spent an enjoyable few minutes looking at your website, congratulations on this project. The blogs you have made are really amusing, I particularly liked the one about your trip to the top of St Pauls. Incidentally do they really have blow up models of Rowan Williams in the gift shop, I have been trying to get one for ages to put in the garden.
Please keep more coming.
Best wishes

Barrie

revtonynewnham

@pcnd - may I suggest that you include the NPOR ref. for the organs in your gazatteer.  Keep up the good work.

Every Blessing

Tony

pcnd5584

Thank you, Tony.

I would be happy to include the NPOR links - I was not sure whether this was acceptable or not.

pcnd5584

Quote from: Barrie Davis on January 27, 2012, 08:52:19 AM
Dear Sean,

I have just spent an enjoyable few minutes looking at your website, congratulations on this project. The blogs you have made are really amusing, I particularly liked the one about your trip to the top of St Pauls. Incidentally do they really have blow up models of Rowan Williams in the gift shop, I have been trying to get one for ages to put in the garden.
Please keep more coming.
Best wishes

Barrie

Thank you for your kind words, Barrie.

Rowan Williams - I regret, no; this was pure license on my part. However, I shall keep looking out for one and, if I am successful, you shall be the first to know....

AnOrganCornucopia

Sounds like there's a gap in the market for an enterprising individual to fill... hmm, I wonder!  ::)

revtonynewnham

@PCND... - no problem with NPOR links - it helps our web presence.  The only thing s we ask are for an attribution of source if you quote anything from the site, and let us know if you find any errors!

Every Blessing

Tony

pcnd5584

Quote from: revtonynewnham on January 27, 2012, 07:02:37 PM
@PCND... - no problem with NPOR links - it helps our web presence.  The only thing s we ask are for an attribution of source if you quote anything from the site, and let us know if you find any errors!

Every Blessing

Tony

The only problem may be that there is a character limit on each section of a page (on my website). This may mean that I am rather limited in what I can write about each instrument - which rather defeats the object of the Gazetteer. However, I shall experiment and see how much difference adding the links would make.

Incidentally, I have yet to hear from your colleague - unless Hotmail have lost his e-mail which may have been sent to me.