News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Brindley and Foster 2m for sale

Started by makemoreandmore, February 17, 2012, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makemoreandmore

http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch.cgi?Fn=Rsearch&rec_index=P00733

The new owner of the chapel advises me that:-

"the organ is still there, it is up for sale if you know anybody who wants it. The organist still goes in twice a week to play it as i also agree with it is a beautiful instrument"

Wadsworth

Does anyone have the contact details for the sale of this instrument?

EdwardDean

Wow. What an opportunity. Would be interested to see a better specification if anyone has one!

ED

ComptonNewbie

NPOR seems a little confused where this is.  The Tywyn (formerly Towyn) 'near Barmouth' is in mid Wales, whereas the Towyn near Abergele is in Caernarfonshire and on the north coast.

Simon.

revtonynewnham

Hi

It's possible that NPOR were given incomplete or ambiguous address info - if you're sure that what we've got is werong, then snd us an e-mail to the office!

Every Blessing

Tony

makemoreandmore

I have the email address for the new owner.

I can only assume someone has notified the NPOR with whatever details (incomplete) that they had. I can email and ask for some better photos and we can get the spec that way.

makemoreandmore

I can only assume someone has notified the NPOR with whatever details (incomplete) that they had. I can email and ask for some better photos and we can get the spec that way.
[/quote]

The NPOR is correct. The chapel is Bethesda, Tywyn, post code LL36 9AE

ComptonNewbie

Tywyn LL36 is in Gwynedd.  The other Towyn is near Bethesda and is in Caernarfonshire (and probably hence the NPOR address confusion).

Assuming this is the same chapel I saw for sale last autumn, the organ is a pleasant one and will be a loss to the town.   A couple of organists in the town have commented very favourably on it to me.  I hope it finds a suitable home.

The future of the other organ in Tywyn (a Wurlitzer, ex-Granada cinema, Woolwich) is looking bright.  Heritage lottery and Welsh Assembly funding applications have both been successful and rebuilding of the hall will start shortly.  By this time next year, hopefully the venue will be vastly improved, with better facilities for concerts (and youth club), improved heating which will reduce the need for retuning, larger stage area and more!

Simon.