News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Shop Manual Wanted

Started by natorgan, March 08, 2012, 08:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natorgan

Hi.
i am trying to get hold of a Shop Manual for a National SX 4300A electronic organ.
I am in the process of restoring this organ which I found on the local tip.
It seems to work a bit but the G# key is not working at all and I don't know enough to just dive in without a schematic manual to work from.
Can any one help with an old one or photo copy of one please.
Norm

dragonser

Hi,
if you mean a service manual, then National are I think the same company as Technics ?
( was the company called National Panasonic at one time ? )
I haven't got that schematic unfortunately.
is it just one note that isn't working or is it all the G# notes ?
regards Peter

revtonynewnham

Hi

A number of possible sources are listed at http://www.combo-organ.com/spares_and_repairs.htm#Sources

I've heard that W.D. Greenhill (on above mentioned list) is a pretty good source of manuals.  There's also a keyboard tech - Alan Morrison - in Scotland who may be willing to help - if he's still around.  I've not had cause to contact him for a few years, but he found manuals for my Cavendish.

Every Blessing

Tony

natorgan

Hi Tony.
Thanks for the information. I will follow it up.
Norm

A number of possible sources are listed at http://www.combo-organ.com/spares_and_repairs.htm#Sources

I've heard that W.D. Greenhill (on above mentioned list) is a pretty good source of manuals.  There's also a keyboard tech - Alan Morrison - in Scotland who may be willing to help - if he's still around.  I've not had cause to contact him for a few years, but he found manuals for my Cavendish.

Every Blessing

Tony
[/quote]

natorgan

Hi;
Yes it is the service manual that I am looking for.
On the top register
The top G# plays but not very loud.
The next G3#down plays the same note .
The rest and the lower register don't make any sound at all
There are dozens of yellow wires leading from the keyboard, all bundled and very brittle and I am loath to undo them.
National is indeed now Technics and they offer no assistance at all.
thanks for your reply.
Norm
Hi,
if you mean a service manual, then National are I think the same company as Technics ?
( was the company called National Panasonic at one time ? )
I haven't got that schematic unfortunately.
is it just one note that isn't working or is it all the G# notes ?
regards Peter
[/quote]

natorgan

Hi All
Well I am still hunting for a SX 4300A service manual. I have tried all the above suggestions but no can help.
I find it difficult to imagine that this organ was put out without a schematic or a service manual.
But I am beginning to think it must have been.

Are there any more suggestions please.
Norm