News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Help and or advice to move an organ

Started by organforumadmin, April 20, 2012, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

organforumadmin

Hi!

I have just received the following message from member "Gregory":
QuoteI am the new owner of the Osmond organ from Methodist Church. I got 2 weeks to get it out there. I am 30+ years old "tennager" but know nothing about removing the organs. Would you be able to give me a hand with it and tell me how to do it? Is it really so simple? Company i could hire would cost a fortune, i would preffer to put that money into restoration. Thanks a lot for any help!

Please can anyone give advice and possibly even volunteer? Perhaps AOC - wouldn't this get you started?

Best wishes

Forum Admin

AnOrganCornucopia

Depends where it is and what it's like getting there! Remember, I don't drive and even if I did, both train fares and petrol are horrifically expensive now.

diapason

Glad to see you're saving an old Osmond - they were a local firm to me and did some good work.  Where are you and where is the organ?
N

David Pinnegar

Hi!

On practicalities, the thread on "How to remove an organ"
http://www.organmatters.com/index.php/topic,1265.msg5769.htm
usefully details the process and tips to ensure a successful project. No doubt there are more but hope it's useful.

Best wishes

David P