News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

WANTED: Pipe ranks, Facade Diapasons or Windchests to start building home organ

Started by JKenny, May 23, 2012, 10:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKenny

Hello,

I am planning on building a small pipe organ at home and I am looking for a rank or two of pipes and windchests to start off with.

Also I am looking for a set of facade diapasons for the casework but these are proving hard to find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James

diapason

The difficulty can be in finding suitably small-scaled pipework for a home organ.  I was lucky to find  complete five-rank extension organ based on a 1920s Aeolian rebuilt over the years as a two-manual & pedal.  There are often small organs on Ebay - a one-manual & pedal sold last week for £156.  It depends on the size - and particularly the height -of your room.  Another useful source is the IBO redundant organs website.  Good luck with your search.
Nigel

ophicleide

hi James, I've just rescued the pipework of a 2m R&D from a church about to be demolished. Is this something which might interest you?

JKenny

Hi, that sounds great! What do you have?

if you could email me at jamesakenny@hotmail.co.uk that would great!

Thanks