News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Combination action on 1990s Makin suddenly inoperative

Started by David Pinnegar, July 04, 2012, 03:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

None of the combination pistons on the Hammerwood 1990s Makin are now working. . . a sudden attack of malaise . . . but all else is in order.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is there any easy solution to look for?

Best wishes

David P

dragonser

Hi,
I'm only guessing here but I wonder if  the settings could have got corrupted, so you would need to try reprogramming the pistons. ( this assumed that the pistons are programmable and the settings may be held in battery backed ram or maybe flash rom ? )
if they are not programmable maybe there could be a loose cable to them ?
I think you mentioned you have the service info, that should make it easier to track things down.
regards Peter B

revtonynewnham

Hi

PSU issues, failed backup battery (easy to check if they will reprogramme - only need to set one to try it), loose connections, component failure - in that order.

Every Blessing

Tony

Barrie Davis

Hi

I had this once pn a later 1980s Makin there was a back up battery that had failed, its quite easy to replace, if you ring David F I am sure he will tell you where the battery is located in the Hammerwood organ.

Best wishes

Barrie

Contrabombarde

Wow, nice donor console for a five manual Hauptwerk installation, come on you know you want to  ;D

(ducks for cover)

Hope you get it fixed soon, David!