News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Destiny vs Faith - Faith vs Destiny

Started by David Pinnegar, July 05, 2012, 09:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Recently a friend wrote to me and thanked me for changing her destiny.  . . . I responded in the following terms which I hope may be useful to others and accord also with what many beleive and know . . .

Best wishes

David P

I am asking you to make a quantum leap, as it will change your life for the better even more.

There is a problem with the conventional view of theology: to many, God is a Big Daddy who looks after them - and gives them destiny, fortune, luck and the personal love of Big Daddy. This relationship may not be the whole picture. It works in so far as it appears to work . . . but the bigger picture is even more amazing.

But if you look at the idea of God as the idea of the Construction Force, the Construction Force has to happen through its agents. It's in this way that Jesus said "Who are my mother and my brothers?" - "Those who hear my Father's words (Construction Force) and do it". So Jesus is asking us to do the work of the Construction Force. If we do that, then the Construction Force loves us - and constructs and constructs in our lives.

It's more potent than passively waiting for the results and fruits of the Love of God to happen for us . . . It's the joy of escaping from the Garden of Eden and then growing our own crops - mental (celebral) crops of the Construction Force in our minds.

There are people who come to mind who appear to do this quite naturally, operating in the mode of growing the crops of the Construction Force, being the agent of its implementation.

Why am I telling you this? Recently you have been significantly hurt and are nursing your wounds. You have been a victim. But the passive expectation that the love of God will make it better may not be the whole answer and can lead to disappointment. It is in the idea of the passive reception of Destiny, either from the fruits of the Love of God or as a victim of the cruelty of animal man.

Becoming the Agent of the Construction Force puts construction in your own hands, and ensures that Construction will come to greet you.

Sorry - I am the serpent in the Garden of Eden tempting you to eat of the Tree of Knowledge - and in doing so we become awake, fully conscious and fully human.

There are some people who do not understand: their nature tends towards being always to take, and not to give, and to be oppressive with others, bullying their way to force others to do things to their benefit, oppressing them. Suspecting this in dealing with such a person, in business one can test them, offering the most generous terms possible - and seeing then if they will still want to take more . . .  requiring one to do even more for their benefit. Because people who always want to take do not understand how to build they are as though being given a rope to connect across a valley they do not understand that they have to throw the rope out to the person on the other side for them to take and to receive another rope back across to provide stability for a bridge to be made. So whatever they try to build will collapse: their destiny is predictable.

When one wanders around the sea of circumstances randomly one is at the mercy of the waves. But waves of circumstances formed by the Force of Construction build and travel, whilst waves of random unconstruction collapse and disappear because the directions of decisions of which they are made are random rather than connecting consciously with any other decisions in the directions of constructions. This means that if one obeys the laws of behaviour of the Force of Construction, then one can safely follow the paths given by the connections made by the force of construction and the resulting wave carries one forward like a surfer or a glider pilot following the air currents into the upper layers of the atmosphere whilst those who don't follow the law of the Force of Construction are left to not believe it possible to glide through clouds so they stay on the ground and not take off, or not understanding how to handle the currents of air, to have to land early.

So faith carries you forwards and upwards and you can rely on that. It results from an active conscious choice to follow the Way of the Force of Construction. This happens when you meet others who Understand. Destiny is merely what happens as a result, and it can be perceived passively and in that sense may be only illusory.

To beleive in Faith therefore is to create, and so more potent than to beleive in Destiny.

MusingMuso

Quote from: David Pinnegar on July 05, 2012, 09:05:56 PM
Hi!

Recently a friend wrote to me and thanked me for changing her destiny.  . . . I responded in the following terms which I hope may be useful to others and accord also with what many beleive and know . . .

Best wishes

David P

I am asking you to make a quantum leap, as it will change your life for the better even more.

There is a problem with the conventional view of theology: to many, God is a Big Daddy who looks after them - and gives them destiny, fortune, luck and the personal love of Big Daddy. This relationship may not be the whole picture. It works in so far as it appears to work . . . but the bigger picture is even more amazing.

But if you look at the idea of God as the idea of the Construction Force, the Construction Force has to happen through its agents. It's in this way that Jesus said "Who are my mother and my brothers?" - "Those who hear my Father's words (Construction Force) and do it". So Jesus is asking us to do the work of the Construction Force. If we do that, then the Construction Force loves us - and constructs and constructs in our lives.

It's more potent than passively waiting for the results and fruits of the Love of God to happen for us . . . It's the joy of escaping from the Garden of Eden and then growing our own crops - mental (celebral) crops of the Construction Force in our minds.

There are people who come to mind who appear to do this quite naturally, operating in the mode of growing the crops of the Construction Force, being the agent of its implementation.

Why am I telling you this? Recently you have been significantly hurt and are nursing your wounds. You have been a victim. But the passive expectation that the love of God will make it better may not be the whole answer and can lead to disappointment. It is in the idea of the passive reception of Destiny, either from the fruits of the Love of God or as a victim of the cruelty of animal man.

Becoming the Agent of the Construction Force puts construction in your own hands, and ensures that Construction will come to greet you.

Sorry - I am the serpent in the Garden of Eden tempting you to eat of the Tree of Knowledge - and in doing so we become awake, fully conscious and fully human.

There are some people who do not understand: their nature tends towards being always to take, and not to give, and to be oppressive with others, bullying their way to force others to do things to their benefit, oppressing them. Suspecting this in dealing with such a person, in business one can test them, offering the most generous terms possible - and seeing then if they will still want to take more . . .  requiring one to do even more for their benefit. Because people who always want to take do not understand how to build they are as though being given a rope to connect across a valley they do not understand that they have to throw the rope out to the person on the other side for them to take and to receive another rope back across to provide stability for a bridge to be made. So whatever they try to build will collapse: their destiny is predictable.

When one wanders around the sea of circumstances randomly one is at the mercy of the waves. But waves of circumstances formed by the Force of Construction build and travel, whilst waves of random unconstruction collapse and disappear because the directions of decisions of which they are made are random rather than connecting consciously with any other decisions in the directions of constructions. This means that if one obeys the laws of behaviour of the Force of Construction, then one can safely follow the paths given by the connections made by the force of construction and the resulting wave carries one forward like a surfer or a glider pilot following the air currents into the upper layers of the atmosphere whilst those who don't follow the law of the Force of Construction are left to not believe it possible to glide through clouds so they stay on the ground and not take off, or not understanding how to handle the currents of air, to have to land early.

So faith carries you forwards and upwards and you can rely on that. It results from an active conscious choice to follow the Way of the Force of Construction. This happens when you meet others who Understand. Destiny is merely what happens as a result, and it can be perceived passively and in that sense may be only illusory.

To beleive in Faith therefore is to create, and so more potent than to beleive in Destiny.

Dear David,

I find myself in agreement with much of this, though I did initially struggle with it a bit.

No matter what the source of hurt or anguish, perhaps the worst thing of all is simply to feel sorry for ourselves; something which can lead to a sort of impotent bitterness....the  syndrome which only leads to the question, "Why me? Why this or that? "

I know that when young Joe died of a drugs overdose, (the boy I had spent so much time nurturing, educating and protecting), the immediate reaction was a sense of injustice, loss, and hurt, but above all, the feeling that everything in which I believed had suddenly died. I'm quite sure that this is a very normal reaction, and of course, it is a part of the grieving process; especially when someone has been suddenly snatched away by circumstances, accidents or untimely terminal illness.

My salvation came in the form of someone who didn't feel sorry for me, but actually shouted at me!

"Get over it! He died because he didn't listen to the warnings! He was just another daft lad who thought he was invincible!"

That was the brutal truth, and yet I had been blaming anyone and anything for his death, including God I suppose.  After accepting that his death was not remotely unique or a part of fate and destiny, and that it was really just a part of life, (the way it is or can be), then it was possible to move on. Joe gave me a great story to write and some wonderful memories, but there were many others like him who needed a constructive and creative influence in their lives. Having emerged much stronger, I'd like to think that I've had the privilege of shaping, guiding and protecting a few young people from their own chaotic existences and lack of positive, creative influences; knowing full well that, although no one person can ever enjoy total success, there is every reason to try and to keep on trying. What's more, it doesn't matter if the creative input is small or large....we can only ever be bit-part players on the stage of life, and sowing seeds is just as important as gathering harvests.

Easily the most beautiful human being I ever knew, was a senior male nurse who worked at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. He would come around sometimes after the end of his shift; totally destroyed emotionally when children he had cared for and loved had died. Each and every time, I would hand him a copy of the Quran and he would pray; his resolve and compassion never once dented by the regular tragedies in his work with extremely sick children. In fact, I've never known anyone who could get so involved emotionally, yet still retain total professionalism; accepting each and every day as part of his calling as a quite devout and very gentle Muslim.

One of the most profound things he ever said, when I questioned his emotional involvement, was, "Is it better that I, as an adult, share the pain and suffer loss, or is it better that very sick children suffer or die alone, without a hand to hold?"

Best.

MM

David Pinnegar

Dear MM

Your posts are becoming increasingly interesting on account of mention of Islam with which you appear to be more acquainted than I. What hope do you think there might be in your knowledge of the texts of finding solutions that cut through common assumptions within the faith which might lead to interpretations contrary to peaceful pursuit of "Construction Force" ideas? This may be better answered in the thread that has been split deliberately for a possible exploration of building bridges with Islamic thoughts and traditions.. . .

In the meantime, a programme on Radio 3 last evening in relation to the legend of Artemis' muse Callisto brought thoughts to mind in relation to this thread about the pursuit of destiny vs the following of the calls of faith. The author Ovid was mentioned in connexion with characters who are never animated by their own accord and never make their own decisions. They are always animated by the external agency of one of the gods and this is particularly common also to Homer's Iliad. None of the characters through the whole narrative make any action on their own account, always as being driven by one of other of the gods to whom appropriate deference and offerings have to be given to ensure benign direction.

If we look therefore at the contrast of religions 2000 years ago, we see the Greeks in states of superstition in a mindset of passive slavery to the whims of fate driven by the deities and Christ's preaching of a God that gives the individual freedom for action resulting from the active loving of all that comes together through the work of God and of each other.

Is it therefore perhaps the constrast of passive vs active that distinguishes Christianity as a way of life as a modus operandi rather than mere superstitious adherence to sets of rules. . . . ?

Best wishes

David P