Organ Music, Repertoire and Performance > Performers worthy of particular recommendation and interesting repertoire

Carlo Curley - RIP

(1/3) > >>

MusingMuso:
The shocking news has emerged of the death of Carlo Curley at around 5pm to-day; apparently a sudden and unexpected death at his home in Melton Mowbray.

I'm sure there will be many who will pay tribute and share special memories of him.

RIP Carlo

Best

MM

diapason:
Shocking news - Carlo was one of the great players and showmen.  Like his teacher, Virgil Fox, Carlo really brought the organ to the people.  One of the very few players who could pack a concert hall to capacity and send the audience home tapping their feet.  RIP.

JBR:
I was rather shocked to hear this.  His stated aim of making the organ interesting to everyone should be applauded.  I'm sure he will be sorely missed.

rh1306:
I am devastated by the sudden death of Carlo, my best friend of 35 years, the most talented organist the world has ever known.
RIP my dearest Carlo :'(
Dick 

David Drinkell:
This is indeed sad news.  Carlo was not only a vastly talented musician but a thoroughly nice guy and terrific company.  May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version