News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

All Saints, Newtown, Powys

Started by Gwas_Bach, August 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwas_Bach

Good evening everyone!

The organ at the above-mentioned church is to be dismantled in the not too distant future, I am hoping to inspect it tomorrow, I have played it before for about 5 minutes, there are roughly 10 stops, nothing above 4 foot. More details to follow soon.

Best,
A. P.

P. S. The organ is not on NPOR.

Barrie Davis

Hi,

As the organ is not on NPOR could you make a note of its spec and builder etc and send in? Alternatively you could pm me with the details and I will submit them.

Best wishes

Barrie

Gwas_Bach

I saw the organ yesterday, and am glad to report that it is in good condition. It's a two-manual Wadsworth, not sure of its age.

Pedal (C-f1)
16' Bourdon

Great (C-a3)
8' Open Diapason
8' Dulciana (C-B stopped)
4' Harmonic Flute

Swell (C-a3)
8' Lieblich Gedact
8' Viola (C-B from LG)
4' Gemshorn
8' Oboe

Couplers + Acc.
Swell to Great; Swell to Pedal; Great to Pedal
Vertical swell shutters (ineffective enclosure)
Two composition pedals to Great (Dulciana alone; All stops)

I have to remark on a very pleasant sound, with a good singing Open Diapason. The lack of an 8' flute on the Great is irksome though. It is under-powered for the building, so they intend to replace it with a redundant organ already in their possession. The churchwarden informed me that there will be a PCC meeting on the 6th of September, and that she will persuade its members to apply immediately for a faculty for the organ's removal. I have already had some interest from Paul Derrett, but am waiting to hear back from him. If he does not wish to take it, please let me know if you would like it.

Many thanks!