News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Wurlitzer electrostatic reed organ / Everett Orgatron wanted

Started by Lucien Nunes, September 20, 2012, 11:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucien Nunes

Robert's search for Electrones on behalf of us electrostatic fiends reminds me that there is another type of electrostatic organ that needs to be found and added to our museum collection by way of comparison and contrast. That is the Wurlitzer electrostatic reed organ, successor to the Everett Orgatron, either of which I would be interested to acquire, working or not.

Models of interest are as follows:

Original Everett Orgatron eg. models 600 & 700
Wurlitzer keyed-reed models 20, 21, 25, 30, 31, 45, 46, 50
Free-running reed spinet models 44, 4410, 4420, 4430, 4460, 4462
Free-running reed console models 4600, 4601, 4602, 4800

This is the last of the main technologies of the era that we don't yet have represented, so if you know of one of these looking for a home you could fill in one of the blanks.
Thanks

revtonynewnham

Hi

Hope you can find one, but they seem to be pretty rare in the UK.  I can only remember seeing one - a Spinet version in a Methodist church in East Sussex.  It sounded pretty good - and interestingly, it had a characteristic "Wurlitzer" sound to the voicing - broadly similar to the Rye Wurlitzer that I'd been playing the day before.  They're fascinating instruments - I did come across a web page about them a while back - http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/WurlizerESEricb.htm

Apart from that one example, I've only come across Wurlitzer pipe organs & electronics.

Every Blessing

Tony

David Wayne

I have a Wurlitzer Orgatron 31 reed organ . But I'm probably too far away from you , I live in Texas .

Lucien Nunes

Yes I think you're right, I'm in London UK, but thanks anyway. I have had a number of contacts from people in the US with suitable models, I will hold out a while longer but it is beginning to dawn on me that I might have to import one eventually. A nice 4800 perhaps?
Lucien