News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Atlantic City Convention Hall-Midmer Losh

Started by barniclecompton, March 28, 2010, 05:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barniclecompton

This is the organ that inspired me to learn to play when i was 14. I remember listening to the recording of Abide with me on there website and being amazed by the sound.
Ive found more recordings through the years, not all of them available to buy, and i find it a truly amazing instrument, even with all the ciphers and being out of tune.
www.acchos.org

KB7DQH

I would have to agree, this instrument has a "sound like no other"... It speaks with an authority that
no other instrument I have heard can duplicate... despite any faults in the instrument or with the recording techniques used...

A shame really it has never been fully playable since the hurricane damage in 1944, and no publicly released recording sessions made prior to that date.

But the sound from just one of its chambers still chills the spine and tingles the nerves... and shakes the house with the stereo turned up, but then I have an Infinite Baffle subwoofer with four 12" speakers driven with about 400W rms...  Can't wait to hear it fully operational...

Eric
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."