News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Finding a home for chamber organ and house organ

Started by Phil Belcher, January 07, 2013, 11:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Belcher

I need to find a good home for 2 organs that belonged to my late father. The chamber organ is 18th century built in Bristol and was restored early 19th Century and again by my father in 1980s. The House organ was his own work, 2 manual and pedalboard. Both will need to be moved from the house in coming months. The organs are in Gloucestershire.

As I know very little about them I am unsure of best way to reach possible buyers. Clearly ebay is rather limited as these need to be heard and played and taking on an organ is something of a commitment. A good home is more important to us than price. I'd be very grateful for any advice.

revtonynewnham

Hi

The IBO has a listing of redundant organs see http://www.ibo.co.uk/IBO2005/services/redundant/redundantMain.asp  This is the basic source in the UK.  There is a small fee involved in adding a listing.

Other than that, as you say, there's always eBay - not a facility I've used - and if you can add further details, this forum is as good a place as any.  It would also be good to send surveys to the NPOR (www.npor.org.uk) for inclusion in the database (house organs normally only get entered as "Private Residence" and the Town name unless the full address is in the public domain elsewhere so there should be no worries about privacy or security.

Every Blessing

Tony

Phil Belcher

David Pinnegar

Hi!

It would be great if you might be able to post details here, sizes and specifications.

Best wishes

David P

Phil Belcher

I will try. please excuse my ignorance and mistakes.

chamber organ is 246 cm tall, 132cm wide, 72cm deep. Stops labelled as Stopt diapason, principal 4' bass, fifteenth 2' bass, Stopt diapason 8', principal 4' treble, fifteenth 2' treble. It has foot pedal and handle at rear (detachable for bellows) and an electric blower.

House organ 255 x 122 x 109 deep max (87 for case)
Stops labelled are Principal 2 gedat (Gedacht?) 4 Great to positive, positive to great, positive to pedal, min 111, fifteenth 2, principal 4, Bourdon, twelfth? 2 2/5, Tierce 1 2/5, flute 4, gedat 8.

Hope that helps. i have pictures but need to find a way of making them small enough to attach.

Bobbell9

Use Irfanview (free Download) http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/?part=dl-IrfanView&subj=dl&tag=button to resize pictures. Load Picture;Go to Image tabe and choose resize. then save file with a new name. Job done!

revtonynewnham

Hi

Irfanview also has a batch processing function.  You need to hunt in the options to make sure the size is right - then it can deal with a whole folder full of pictures in one pass, including renaming.  Fairly easy to set up - I use it regularly for reducing the file-size of pictures for upload on NPOR.

Every Blessing

Tony

JRW

Hello Phil.
I would be interested in the chamber organ.  I have always wanted an organ for my home use and the size you speak of sounds perfect.  Feel free to email me pics.
Thanks!
JR
j-r-williams@hotmail.com

johns

Greetings-
Are either of these instruments still available?

Regards,
John

Phil Belcher

Dear John

Thank you for your interest, both are still available, there has been interest and I am feeling hopeful. I have sent you a pm with pictures.

I'm  grateful for the help and support this forum has brought and I will post here when they go.

Phil

andy_ingram@yahoo.co.uk

dear phil, is your house organ still available please? if so would you mind sending pictures to andy_ingram@yahoo.co.uk and if its what im looking for, can i arrange a visit? thank you

Phil Belcher

Both organs have now found homes. Thank you to all at Organs Matter for all you interest, help, and support.

Phil

diapason