News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Demonstration Recitals at Saltaire

Started by revtonynewnham, August 31, 2010, 10:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

Hi

I'm playing some demonstration recitals on various reed organs at the museum in Saltaire as part of Saltaire Festival.  Sat 18th & Sun 19th September at 12:30 & 1:30 each day.  All being well, the 2 recitals on any one day will contain different pieces, but I'll repeat the programme on Sat & Sun.

Confirmed items so fare are 2 groups of pieces from Cesar Frank's "L'organiste" and arrangements of "War March of the Priests" and the "Hallelujah Chorus" - and probably a Karg-Elart piece (which will be repeated in each recital - I don't have time to learn another one!).  Hope I might see some forum members - admission is free (but donations very welcome!)

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar

Dear Tony

I hope you'll put news of these in the general recitals section - and it might be worth trying to submit to organrecitals.com

To those readers who are looking askance at this post and wondering why anyone would bother with a reed organ recital, as I write I'm currently listening to a CD that Tony has very kindly sent me of his last recital. Very worthwhile -  a gental soundscape which can achieve grandeur when required. From this, it's apparent that these Saltaire recitals are really worth going to.

At the age of about 5 I was impressed by the organ as an instrument and my poor parents suffered their young son's desire to have an organ in the house. Within a short time they indulged me with a series of three harmoniums, one making way for another better. The first was a humble 7 stop instrument, the second a slightly larger French instrument which was a fine piece of furniture into the bargan and finally an American organ with an impressive range of stops for such an instrument - but tonally I think the French might be the nicest sound and it's such an instrument that Tony demonstrates.

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

Just a reminder that this is next Saturday (I've also posted a notice in the concerts section)

Hope to see some board members.

every Blessing

Tony