News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

10th Spring Organ Series 2013

Started by christinaantoniadou, February 22, 2013, 05:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

christinaantoniadou

10th Spring Organ Series 2013
14, 28 & 29 April
St Paul's Anglican Church, Athens, Greece
Artistic Director: Christina Antoniadou Organist and music educator BMus, MMus, LRAM

"I remember my concert for being so friendly and for enjoying my Arietta and Ciacona of Pachelbel. It was so intimate! All best wishes for the future of the Series" Nigel Allcoat

"The personal highlight for me in this recital of music ranging from J. S. Bach to Elgar and Alain, was the chance to play three Meditations from John Caldwell's cycle Sacra Mysteria which had just been composed. This work had been inspired by my opening recital of the Tickell organ in Douai Abbey Berkshire UK and it was a great pleasure to share this striking music with the audience at St Paul's" Terence Charlston

"I wish Spring Organ Series all possible success in the future! I have nice memories of the great hospitality and of a well organized festival and concert" Gunnar Idenstam

"In April 2007, I played my first concert in Greece in the Anglican church of Athens. The concert was an ensemble programme on organ and recorder together with my wife Elina Keijzer. Very special for Dutch people was the date 30th of April, our Queen's day. Therefore we played some compositions based on our national hymn "Wilhelmus". I strongly remember the intense concentration of the audience . The English instrument was small but of very good quality. We enjoyed our stay in Athens very much, the climate in April was like summer in Holland ! The concert was combined with a masterclass where I met Maria Simatou, a student of Christina Antoniadou's. During this course Maria decided to come to Amsterdam to study with me at the Amsterdam Conservatory. She is now working on her Master's degree and I am very proud of her progress!" Pieter van Dijk

Concert dates

Sunday 14 April, 20.30

Michel König, organ

Franc Shestani, violin

Works by Bach, Mozart, Gárdonyi, Rheinberger

Sunday 28 April, 20.30

Jerassimos Coidan, organ

Anastasia Simeonidou, soprano

Kodály Conservatory Children's Choir

Music Director: Michalis Patseas

Works by Bach, Liszt, Kodály

Monday 29 April, 20.30