News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ Design new website

Started by organdesign, June 20, 2013, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

organdesign

Dear all

Organ Design/ Matthew Copley organ builders  has got a new web site www.organdesign.co.uk   info@organdesign.co.uk

We have  twitter account @organdesign where we post regular updates.  Please have a look at all our recent work. We have just finished the instrument for Peasmarsh which you will find a picture of on twitter. and are just about to start work on the restoration of a floating Barker machine for West Hill Wandsworth

Many thanks for looking

Edward Dove

revtonynewnham

Hi Edward

Any chance of e-mailing NPOR with the details - and incidentally, which Peasmarsh?  And which church?

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar

Dear Edward

It's great to welcome you onto the forum and be able to provide an unashamed platform for advertising efforts of those carrying on the tradition of building instruments to creat great sound through the means of moving air through pipes!

However, in amongst all that you are doing, possibly it's worth looking at what your logo in that foreshortened coffin shape with rounded corners is saying, together with the button for tuning with sine waves.

Those who know me might be familiar with my seemingly unhelpful comments but this, as a matter of marketing is intended to be helpful and possibly to stimulate thought about how we present pipe organs and the crafts of their building.

The rounded coffin thing, against an out of focus background of keyboards, reminds me personally of the sort of image that the electronic manufacturers might present, rather smooth, rounded, comfy, and a sort of crematoria fudge to which perhaps Hammond and the Miller Organ company might have aspired.

Image, pictorial associations and subconcious links represent a range of intangibilities and I wonder whether the impressions I've described are unique merely to me?

We wish to see you go from strength to strength and for that reason hope you'll post more details of instruments you're working on here, details of challenges of maintaining, restoring and rebuilding actions, pipes and all the rest . . .

Best wishes

David P

makemoreandmore

Just my opinion, but I rather like your new website Edward, and the logo too  ;D

pcnd5584

The website looks to be interesting, with a generally pleasing layout. However, you might mention to the person who types your stop-lists in .pdf format that the relevant organ stop is spelled 'Principal' - not 'Principle'. (This stop is consistently mis-spelled in the stop-lists of both Saint Mary's Metropolitan Cathedral organ and the Manchester house organ; however it is spelled correctly on the Hastings stop-list.)
Pierre Cochereau rocked, man