News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

offered FREE - electronic organ

Started by adyson, June 26, 2013, 11:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adyson

Dear all

Offered FREE to anyone who can collect (located in Levenshulme, Manchester):

Cavendish electronic organ - probably 60s/early 70s. In fairly good working order but needs a few little repairs from someone with a bit of knowhow. I've really enjoyed playing it but we need to make space (baby on the way!) and would just be happy to see it go to a good home, or to someone who can do it up and sell on. I could do with moving it on by the end of August.

Please contact me for photos, it's an attractive piece of furniture as well as having a nice Hammond-esque sound! Also see http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/offered-free-electronic-organ/1023271598

Details, insofar as I know them:
Make: Cavendish (I don't know the exact model). Despite the British sound name, it seems that they're actually an Italian make.
Manuals: 2 x 44 keys. 9 voice tabs on upper, 6 on lower.
Pedalbar: 13 notes with 2 voice tabs plus sustain on/off. One swell pedal.
Dimensions: Width: 109cm, Height: 100cm, Depth: 60cm.
It features a rotating speaker cabinet, Leslie-style, with rotor on/off and 2 speed settings.
Other features:
- Preset automated drum sequences with adjustable volume and tempo.
- Preset automated bass, chord and arpeggio generators with adjustable volume, tempo, and decay.
- Sustain, repeat, vibrato and reverb settings (on/off and sliders), plus sliders for balance and pedal volume.
- Headphone socket
- Roll-top cover
Age/provenance: I don't know much other than that it appears to be from the 60s or 70s, and I myself acquired it for free from a house clearance 5 years ago.

Some areas might need a bit of repair, hence why I'm not trying to sell it:
- the swell pedal sensor is broken.
- the power switch on the organ works but has come loose, just needs refixing (it's not dangerous)
- some of the pedal notes are not 100% reliable.
- some of the small buttons on the left need replacement plastic caps.

It will need 2 people to move it, I'm happy to lend a hand.

Cheers
Andy