News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Bishop for the Ordinariate

Started by Contra_Gamba, October 15, 2013, 06:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contra_Gamba

Having not been able to complete the purchase of the H&H from Ellenborough because the measurements given didn't include the pedals and so was too big I was a little downhearted.  However, I'm delighted to have secured the Bishop & Son instrument (opus 1273) built in 1881 from Chandos St Chapel in Hereford and you can see the deconstruction and reconstruction pictures at http://www.preciousblood.org.uk/new-organ.html

The organ is in the Chancel position and we used it last Sunday for the first time to sing the Missa de Angelis antiphonally with the congregation & West end Organ (sadly an Electronic at present but we have the 3 manual Lewis from St Mark's Battersea in store awaiting money to rebuild it).

Returning pipe organs to Catholic Churches is my contribution to the mission of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham!

regards,

Chris Smith

diapason

Congratulations on a superb job!

BTW, whilst I'm still happily in the C of E in a very Anglo-Catholic parish, I have strong affection for the Ordinariate in that Mgr Keith Newton was my Parish Priest in Bristol some years ago and many of my Anglo-Catholic friends have now crossed the Tiber.

Keep up the good work!

Nigel

David Pinnegar

Hi!

What a fantastic project . . . and hopefully encouragement for others!

Best wishes

David P