News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Clavichord with pedalboard on ebay

Started by dragonser, September 06, 2010, 01:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonser

Hi,
just saw the following instrument on ebay.
item number 230520461792
John Feldberg Fretted Clavichord with Pedal board attached to Virginal.
I haven't seen one of these instrument before.
just in case anyone is curious.

regards Peter B

revtonynewnham

Hi

Pedal claivchords are rare (and the post seems a litle confused - is it a Clavichord or a Virginal - or some sort of hybrid?

I have seen one pedal clavichord - in the Early Music Shop a ew years ago (2mp) - if only I'd had money and space!

The book "Bach and the Pedal Clavichord" (see e.g. http://www.ohscatalog.org/jospbaandpec.html) is an interesting read - but somewhat expensive to buy.  I borrowed it via Essex Libraris soon after it was published (I've given up woth Bradford Libraries - they hardly seem to stock anything worthwhile, and charge a significant amount to borrow books from elsewhere - £7 when \I last asked).  I supose, that it coyld be a useful instrument for organ practice - especially if the book is right and Bach conceived many of his organ works on such an instrument - and also in its own right - althoug I'm not aware of any specific repertoire for this, or its cloes cousin, the pedal harpsichord.

Every Blessing

Tony