News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Mini Metro Movable now sent to good home

Started by David Pinnegar, January 26, 2014, 03:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Some years ago I rescued the Ralph Jones Mini Metro Movable. This instrument was an analogue beast with free phase generators, home made keys, stop tabs, and a design that would fit a three manual instrument of large specification into a small car. It was an extraordinarily ingenious design .

It has now gone to two pupils of Charterhouse School in Godalming interested in Organs, Electronics and DT and whose father is a lecturer in electronics at Surrey University. It will be wonderful to see and hear this instrument up and running and being useful again and I hope we might see them at EOCS meetings before long.

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

Good news David.  I hope that the long-term future of this unique instrument can be secured.

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar

Dear Tony

Yes - the enthusiasm of this family and their combined technical know-how should secure its future. It was riddled with corroded bus bar contacts and other such problems and will be a lot of work but the boys are willing and able - and have the time!

They're near Guildford so I'll put them in touch with the Lloyds in due course.

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

David Pinnegar

Hi!

It's with the greatest of delight that I received the following video this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEo07jjRQX4

Ralph Jones was doing some interesting things on the transients . . .

It's a great pleasure to hear this doing such wonderful things already and also finding people with enthusiasm for electronics without an immediate urge to convert everything to Hauptwerk.

Best wishes

David P