News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ firmly on centre stage at last - RFH "Pull out all the stops"

Started by David Pinnegar, March 15, 2014, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Finally the organ is attracting centre stage attention. The restoration and reopening of the Royal Festival Hall instrument is set to inspire . . . .
http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/festivals-series/pull-out-all-the-stops

Best wishes

David P

Holditch

Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

revtonynewnham

Hi

Listening to last night's concert on iPlayer now.  It looks like Friday is a solo organ concert too from a brief look at the schedule on line yesterday.

Every Blessing

Tony

kalee21

At the recent Bernard Foccroulle recital I was handed a flyer advertising Jennifer Bate, Cameron Carpenter, Martin Baker and notably the return of the free lunchtime organ recitals starting in September.  The Harrison & Harrison talks were also excellent, all part of the Pull Out All The Stops festival.
Must say the organ is now sounding absolutely splendid.  The new swell boxes must be some of the largest anywhere.  The Cameron Carpenter film evening helped show some of the colours available with this organ.  Congratulations H&H, a fantastic restoration.
One of my favourite organ destinations and only a short train ride from home!.