News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Recommendations for Speakers - Reeds from Sampled organs

Started by ggoodesa, September 13, 2010, 05:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggoodesa

Hi David,

I have been reading your posts regarding speakers and virtual organs (particularly Hauptwerk sample sets and the tests run...). Do you have a central online page with all the information you have gathered, or is it all within your brain repository :)

I'd like to hear what you have to say in regard to speakers for Reed ranks when using virtual organs within a church santuary (i.e. the church has not got a real pipe organ, they used to use a 1980s Viscount electronic organ that is now dead, and we have MIDIfied the console and are now running samples on a computer).

Any information and comments most welcome,

Graham Goode
Johannesburg, South Africa

David Pinnegar

Dear Graham

Deliberately I don't publish recommendations as I'm not going to give away to purveyors of electronics boxes how they can notch up displacement of good pipes organs in lists akin to trophy hunters' walls.

However, I will PM you with some ideas. To some extent also it depends on your reeds and what you are trying to achieve. A Tuba that eclipses almost the whole of the rest of the organ put together in true vintage Harrison and Harrison style, needs a different approach from a Vox Humana or Cromorne or blazing Trompette.

Best wishes

David P