News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Emminent Organ Maintenance

Started by RobCharles1981, August 17, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobCharles1981

Greetings Folks hope all is well?

I've long moved away from my last Church the one with the Johannus, and now very happily play at another parish with another one combined.  It's the best move I've ever made to be honest!

In my other two Churches, we have two Eminent Organs which are very decent and been there for about 15 years or so and sound good,

But one of the organs always have ongoing issues i.e Mice Eating the Pedal Buffers and so forth, the latest saga at the moment with this organ is a broken reed switch on the pedals and "sound issues" meaning when pressing the notes, they can be very distant when coming through or don't sound at all, I got in touch with the guy who deals with the organ and he says it's a cross between the "generation system" to amplifiers"

The real problem is the guy who maintains our Organs at the Church no issues but he comes all the way from Heartfordshire, and he never comes on time, i.e 2pm and he will arrive at 4pm but does seem to charge quite a bit, but in fairness he does get the job done.  The last time he came a few months back got delayed by 5 hours hence the traffic!

As you will now I'm based in Swansea,South Wales, and what I'm wondering do any of you know who repairs and services Eminents abit more nearer home?

Would be grateful for your input.

Cheers
Rob
RobCharles1981 Is My Youtube user name.