News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

before this goes on sale anywhere else

Started by d4vew3lch, November 30, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d4vew3lch

This organ is now in need of a new home, it has been played and looked after and logged maintenance 2013

original builder   - W.J. Brewer   (Truro)
J. Trudgian   
Hele   
Lance Foy - most recent additions/maintenance

npor-  E00383

Anyone here with any help/advice or knowledge of someone who might want it?

revtonynewnham

Hi

Talk to the Methodist Church's organ advisor first.  Get it listed on their redundant organs list, and also importantly, list it with the IBO who maintain a list of redundant organs.

Every Blessing

Tony

d4vew3lch

Many thanks for the advice. I will do that.

Is there anyone on here that might know of someone who would be interested in it?

diapason

d4vew3lch

I have just looked on NPOR, and using 'search for index number' it comes up ok.

I've also tried adding a photo of it onto this reply, but it has been denied - is there anyway to add this?

revtonynewnham

Hi

NPOR numbers consist of an initial letter followed by a number - so it's zeros not letter O's in the code.  That's a common mistake.

Every Blessing

Tony

diapason

Comes up using zeros.  Quite a decent little organ.  Pity that Lance couldn't have fitted a 2' when he did the rebuild.  Why are they getting rid of it?

d4vew3lch

The organ and contents came with the sale of the chapel - nothing was removed. Therefore a new home is needed for the organ.

Fr. Otto

Could a small group of us come down from N. Devon in the next few days, and have a 'look/listen'?
FJRO

diapason

Just looking again at the entry on NPOR.  The picture of the pedalboard shows that it is short compass - 25 notes - extending only to C.  This would severely restrict the repertoire which could be performed on it.  A pity as it would cost a huge amount to extend.

d4vew3lch

Yes, of course you can visit and try the organ out - here is a youtube video (there are others to watch / listen to as well) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XO1ttnhREU  - copy in this link to find it. Thanks for your interest.