News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Visits to French organs in general

Started by Nicolette, February 22, 2015, 01:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolette

Hubby and I are thinking of going to France - not sure which part yet - in early May, partly (well really, mainly) so that I can try out organs of interest while we're there.  Can anyone recommend any organ/church, anywhere, that is known to accommodate visiting organists?   I'm not necessarily looking for organ crawls as such, but I'm open-minded. 
Thanks! 
Nicolette
Nicolette Fraser, B. Mus., ARCO

David Pinnegar

Nicolette

Many thanks for this.  An interesting stop tour and some super reeds.
Best wishes,
Nicolette
Nicolette Fraser, B. Mus., ARCO

David Drinkell

Daniel Roth at St-Sulpice is a very nice man and very approachable.  As to instruments, there are many historic ones around Normandy and Brittany.  The Clicquot at Houdan will haunt your dreams.

David Pinnegar

Dear David

Thanks - these instruments are very inspirational. I've discovered that the forum is now accepting attachments so any photos you can find or maps are capable of being uploaded.

Best wishes

David P

PS Having uploaded and posted one can right click one can then copy the image address to paste into text with the image button in the editing pane. In the last post that I did I found that the last digit was even for a thumbnail and if I changed it to the preceding odd number it gave the image full size - fine if one's image isn't more than around 600 in its largest dimension.