News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Tuning Johannus Opus 230

Started by Addison99, March 14, 2015, 04:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addison99

Hi, I'm wonder if anyone is able to give me any info on tuning my Johannus Opus 230 and the Opus 230 at my Church?  Both of them seem to be out of tune.  According to the thread here:organmatters.com/index.php?topic=679.0 it appears to not be very hard, but some more detailed advice would be great!  Thanks for the help!

dragonser

Hi,
I will check, I think I have some info here somewhere.
Is it the tuning of the whole Organ that is out ? or just some octaves ?
From what I can remember there may be adjustments for each manual so you would need to be careful which adjustment you move. They may use inductors with adjustable cores to adjust the tuning. If so these need to be adjusted very carefully as it you use the wrong tool you can end up breaking the adjustable core.
I'm not sure if they were designed to be A = 440 hz   ?

regards Peter B

Addison99

Thanks for the reply!  I was actually able to figure it out!   :)  It was quite simple, once I figured it out!  Just a screw that you can turn to adjust the pitch of different parts of the organ.  I tuned it to A440.