News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Raspberry Pi organ

Started by revtonynewnham, April 27, 2015, 03:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

Hi

Very interesting EOCS meeting on Saturday.  One topic of particular interest to impecunious organists who want a home practice instrument was the development of an organ simulator using Grande Orgue running, believe it or not, on a Raspberry Pi mini computer.

The EOCS is well worth the subscription (which is very modest) for anyone looking to build an organ - or a computer simulator.  There's a lot of expertise, and designs available to mebers for most of the necessary hardware.

Every Blessing

Tony

bstuartb

I'd like to follow this up, but that member's email doesn't work.
Can anyone help?

revtonynewnham

Hi

There should be contact details in the EOCS membership list that's circulated to all members.  If there's no phone no. or snail mail addresss there, contact the membership secretary & ask him to pass on a message.

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar

Increasingly sound facilities of the Rasberry Pi are being appreciated. There was a synth project involving one in a magazine a few months back.

When I find it again I'll post details.

Best wishes

David P

Box Of Stops

For those in this organ playing, Raspberry Pi owning niche, you may be interested to look at Box Of Stops.

This also runs on a Raspberry Pi, but not as a synth.  The notes you play are fed back to the keyboard on several instruments at once, to create a decent impression of an organ.

Don't know how serious this is as yet, but it seems to work alright as a home practice option for the impecunious organist...