News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Help with faulty organ

Started by Monkeyman, May 06, 2015, 07:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeyman

Hi, first timer here.  I have an early 90's Johannuss Opus 275 which has done serviceable job for the last few years but now all the stops cut out within about 90 seconds. Switch it off a couple of minutes and it will work again for 90 secs. It seems to be something is warming up and cutting out. Does anyone have any ideas if this is an easy fix.

This organ does have midi, does anyone think The midi output could work with this fault?

Thanks

dragonser

Hi,
as the Organ has a midi output then it would be possible to connect it to another midi device and see if the midi continues when the sounds cut out.
if it does than the fault could be with the amplifier or sound generation circuits.
If there is a fault with the power supply that could stop either part or the whole Organ working.
I guess it depends how familiar you are with electronics as to how easy a fault it might be.
regards Peter B

Monkeyman

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to check the midi output and it doesn't seem to work :(
When the stops cut out the power is still working (power lights on and speakers buzzing). Not really great at electronics and when I take the back off it looks like an old episode of Dr Who. Have checked all the fuses but everything OK.

David Pinnegar

It would be helpful to get the circuit diagram - service manuals are available from http://www.wdgreenhill.com/manu/johannus.htm

but possibly a phonecall to Makins. Whether anyone other than David Fetterman knows the idiosyncracies of these instruments will be interesting to know.

Best wishes

David P

Barrie Davis

Hi,
It might be worth trying Royston Orme of Ormatronix as his knowledge is vast you will find his telephone number on his web page.

Best wishes

Barrie

Monkeyman

Thanks for the people to contact David and Barrie, I will give them a ring to try and get to the bottom of this fault.  :)