News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

New server

Started by David Pinnegar, July 04, 2015, 09:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

We have just moved to a new server.

Forum hosting costs are horrible. Any contributions are welcome!

If anyone notices any oddities please let me know.

Best wishes

David P

David Pinnegar

Dear Friends

Someone very kindly offered assistance with the cost of the server, which is very much appreciated.

But is this forum dead in the water?

I have always regarded posts on forums like this as a corpus of helpful information, thought and ideas but increasingly people have gathered in cliques on Facebook and posted on threads there that are very shortlived. Please might members try to bring wisdom back to forums so that it might inspire on a more permanent basis?

Best wishes

David P

JBR

I visit this forum every day and had noticed that it has been unnaturally quiet!

Let's hope things pick up again.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Nicolette

Likewise. This forum covers such a wide variety of topics and is very easy to navigate. I really value it.  I was wondering if it's advertised anywhere. 
Nicolette Fraser, B. Mus., ARCO

Barrie Davis

I tried to get some movement with the topic "Worst Organs", this did generate a certain amount of response. I would like to ask David Drinkell or PCND to suggest some topics for discussion, I will try and think of something more!!

Best wishes,
Barrie

JBR

Why not "Best organs"?

I'm sure may organists will assert that the best organ is the one they regularly play(!), but if contributors could explain WHY it could be a very interesting topic.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire