News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

J. W. Walker, 1925, Four Manual, In Need of New Home

Started by travellingorganist, January 23, 2015, 12:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travellingorganist

Four manual, 1925, J. W. Walker from St. Michael's Church, Abertillery is up for grabs. Organ originally from the Eleventh Scientific Church, Marlborough, London, upon the church building becoming a dance academy. The organ was transferred to St. Michael's Church, Abertillery, Circa 2009, to replace their W. G. Vowles organ.

J. W. Walker Organ NPOR ref: [A00257]
W. G. Vowles Organ NPOR ref: [K00263] 

Just to clarify the J. W. Walker organ is on offer and not the Vowles

Due to financial constraints this plan never proceeded and now the Walker is no longer of use sadly. Organ complete with exception of Console and Blower which has been added to the Vowles organ. Everything else is available. Specification is as follows:

PD - Sub Bourdon 32ft, Open Diapason (wood) 16ft, Open Diapason (metal), 16ft, Salicional 16ft, Bourdon 16ft, Octave 8ft, Bass Flute 8ft, Trombone (wood) 16ft, Fagotto (metal) 16ft.

CH - Open Diapason 8ft, Lieblich Gedact 8ft, Dulciana 8ft, Vox Angelica 8ft, Flute d'Amour 4ft, Tremulant

GT - Double Open Diapason 16ft, Open Diapason no: I 8ft, Open Diapason no: II 8ft , Open Diapason no: III 8ft, Wald Flute 8ft, Octave 4ft, Harmonic Flute 4ft, Twelfth 2 2/3ft, Fifteenth 2ft, Tromba 8ft,

SW - Contra Salicional 16ft, Open Diapason 8ft, Stopped Diapason 8ft, Echo Gamba 8ft, Voix Celestes 8ft, Principal 4ft, Flute Ouverte 4ft, Flauntina 2ft, Harmonics III - (15.19.22), Contra Fagotto 16ft, Horn 8ft, Oboe 8ft, Clarion 4ft, Tremulant.

SO - Viole d'Orchestre 8ft, Orchestral Flute 8ft, Concert Flute 4ft, Piccolo 2ft, Corno Di Bassetto 8ft, Orchestral Oboe 8ft, Tremulant, Tuba 8ft.

Choir, Swell and Solo (with exception of Tuba 8ft) are enclosed in their respective swell boxes. EP key and stop action believed to be throughout.

Further details can be sought from St. Michael's Organist, Lyndon Stephens. Tel: 07582724053
Many Thanks,

travellingorganist

KB7DQH

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

flared_ophicleide

Soon as I spotted part of the thread name before opening, I had a bad feeling about this. 
St. Michaels did seem a bit small for an organ this size though.  Hope it will be useful to smb soon.

Gwas_Bach

travellingorganist

Hi, thanks for your interest. Just messaged the organist about those dimensions. The entire organ is on unit chests, so it can be reduced or enlarged in anyway allowing great flexibility. When the organ was installed at the Eleventh Church of Christ Scientist, the organ accommodated the chamber which ran the entire front width of the building which can be seen on the videos linked above. I am unsure of exact measurements but for height, I know that the lowest 7 notes are acoustic on the pedal Sub Bourdon 32ft, making the lowest G the tallest pipe which would be well over 16ft in length.

The plan at St. Michael's Church was to divide the organ. The Pedal, Great, Swell and Solo would accommodate the organ chamber in the West aisle whilst the Choir was to be installed in a separate case in the East aisle with an small independent pedal division.   

If you wish to see images of the organ at St. Michael's Church presently. Message me your email address and I will send images to you.
Many Thanks,

travellingorganist

flared_ophicleide

To travellingorganist:

Am interested in said photos.  My email is tubamirab@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Gwas_Bach

Odonovanorgans

Hello. Could i have contact details for this instrument
As i may have a home for it.

adamsun

I am buying a large chapel in Wales presently and would like to consider rehoming this organ.
I would be glad of details, photographs etc please ....
adamsun@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
Adam

David Pinnegar

Quote from: adamsun on August 22, 2015, 06:21:28 PM
I am buying a large chapel in Wales presently and would like to consider rehoming this organ.
This sounds an adventurous and wonderful project!

Good luck!

Best wishes

David P

travellingorganist

UPDATE: Organ still at St. Michaels. There has been some interest but these have turned out to be a waste of time unfortunately. Would prefer people with actual interest to come forward.
Many Thanks,

travellingorganist