News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Sad news. John Scott dies.

Started by revtonynewnham, August 13, 2015, 09:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

I have just seen this on another forum. What an immense loss this is to the world of organ and church music. My thoughts are with his family.

http://www.saintthomaschurch.org/about/news/342/john-scott-1956-2015?preview_key=83778

Every Blessing

Tony

Gwas_Bach

I had heard some of the Choral Scholars at St John's in Cambridge, where I studied, speak of John Scott in glowing terms - a few were choristers at St Paul's under his direction.  I heard him play at Hereford Cathedral just a couple of weeks ago, and his playing was, of course, stunning.  I was also impressed by his friendliness with all, including myself, who were lined up to meet him after his recital.

David Drinkell

John was a consummate musician.  His psalm accompaniments were an inspiration, as was his vision and the scope of his skills. He was also a thoroughly nice person, who wore his talents lightly.  Our thoughts will be with his family.  May he rest in peace and rise in glory.