News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Found a 1958 Hammond C3 in Good Condition...

Started by javelind, August 20, 2015, 02:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javelind

Organ Pros,

We moved into a new house a couple of years ago, and found a 1958 Hammond C3 organ in good shape (from my untrained eye) above the garage. I just listed it on E-Bay yesterday.. thought some of you might be interested... Would love to see it go to a good home! THANKS!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171899863179

Some detailed larger format photos in a dropbox folder at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eug878w29ytuvpk/AAC1Hv2VkmSBR_A5g0d2RjzCa?dl=0

David Drinkell

A piece of history - and they do seem to go on and on!  Your asking price might be a bit on the high side, but good luck with it.

javelind

Thanks David.. I started it at only $500 for all pieces included.. Bids are already up to almost $1k in the first day of auction.. There is no reserve, so letting it go for whatever the market will bear! I rally don't know about organs at all, but it really does seem like a nice one.. only issue I can see it the brittle power cords, but other than that very clean.. We'll see!

David Drinkell

That's good!  There is actually a specific market for classic Hammonds, especially among pop groups.  The Hammond sound is very distinctive and recreations by other means are not always convincing.  A friend of mine in Belfast, who was a pipe-organ builder by day and keyboard player in a top-rate Queen tribute band (as an ex-cathedral chorister, he was the only member who could read music), always said he would love to get hold of an old Hammond and do it up because nothing else sounded quite the same.

David Pinnegar

In my opinion the Hammond is an excellent training for pipe organists and others interested in sound in the appreciation of how sound is made up of harmonics.

So all organists should have experience of making up sounds with the facility of a Hammond.

Best wishes

Harem