News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Wurlitzer Organ Concert - East Sussex National

Started by ruth alexandra, August 24, 2015, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

ruth alexandra

3pm Sunday 13th September 2015.
John Mann - an afternoon of popular music.
Admission £9.00 per person. Free and ample parking.
Light refreshments available.
Presented by the Theatre Pipe Organ Preservation Society
East Sussex National, Little Horsted, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 5ES.
www.SussexWurlitzers.co.uk
... and there will be a stall of sheet music and CDs sold in aid of Alexandra Palace Organ Appeal! Some 'new' stock.

David Pinnegar

I'd like to urge anyone with any interest in organs to support this concert and the project at the ESN. It's a good installation and very adventurous, superbly executed. I don't like the reincarnation of the original Carlo Curley Allen - it's just not the instrument it was, in my opinion, but the Wurlitzer is superb of its kind and particularly extensive.

Ruth - apologies for lack of recitals at Hammerwood and we have a few boxes of your stock that might be interesting to people.

Best wishes

David P

Barrie Davis

What has happened to Carlo's Allen/ I had thought it might have ended up in Pershore Abbey to replace the Bradford there.

David Pinnegar

Carlo's Allen has been installed at Uckfield and its vintage electronics replaced by some computer system and . . . it doesn't sound the same. The speaker system isn't to my liking either but the Wurlitzer is superbly installed and excellent.

Another high profile electronic I don't like also is at Worth Abbey. There are places there where the placing of the speakers reflects off the curves of the building to give some very disturbing effects when seated in some parts of the chapel.

Electronics have to be top rate to be convincing!

Best wishes

David P