News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Retford recital 2015

Started by revtonynewnham, October 22, 2015, 09:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

Hi

I've uploaded some tracks from my recent recital on the WIllis of St Michael the Archangel, Retford.

Hope you'll enjoy them.

https://youtu.be/ZQSF9IdGTm8?list=PLT4JufLurcFsyNCg3yLx1PtUvGsYrFP74

Every Blessing

Tony

David Drinkell

Very nice - thank-you!

I was interested to read Ernest Tomlinson's obituary in the Daily Telegraph online.  An interesting and very productive life, and his work in preserving scores of thousands of pieces of light music which would otherwise have been trashed earn him an honoured place in the field of musical resources.

I've ordered the George Shearing variations and I shall dig out the Nares (about which I'd completely forgotten!) for use in the near future.

revtonynewnham

Thanks David

I was given the score of the Shearing variations by a good friend - they are quite fun.  I've had a copy of the Nares for some time - can't remember where I got it from (it's the Oxford facsimilie edition), but that's the first time I used it.  The choice of the Tomlinson was simply that I wanted something short & quiet and fairly easy to play and that fitted the bill.  I didn't know anything about him until I was researching for the programme notes.

Thanks again

Every Blessing

Tony