Organs can modify the way we perceive > Believers' Corner

Psalm 46

(1/2) > >>

David Pinnegar:
For anyone who thinks the Bible is to be read purely on a literal level . . . Psalm 46 is a shock  . . .

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+46

A friend directed me to word 46 . . . and then the 46th letter backwards from the end. What does it look like?

What does that say? What does that say about the book?

Best wishes

David P

46 God is our refuge and strength,
    a help always near in times of great trouble.
2 Thatís why we wonít be afraid when the world falls apart,
    when the mountains crumble into the center of the sea,
3     when its waters roar and rage,
    when the mountains shake because of its surging waves. Selah
4 There is a river whose streams gladden Godís city,
    the holiest dwelling of the Most High.
5 God is in that city. It will never crumble.
    God will help it when morning dawns.
6 Nations roar; kingdoms crumble.
    God utters his voice; the earth melts.
7 The Lord of heavenly forces is with us!
    The God of Jacob is our place of safety. Selah
8 Come, see the Lordís deeds,
    what devastation he has imposed on the earthó
9     bringing wars to an end in every corner of the world,
    breaking the bow and shattering the spear,
        burning chariots with fire.
10 ďThatís enough! Now know that I am God!
    I am exalted among all nations; I am exalted throughout the world!Ē
11 The Lord of heavenly forces is with us!
    The God of Jacob is our place of safety.

David Drinkell:
It says to me you should  stick to Coverdale or King James ;D

David Pinnegar:
Coverdale?

In King James, it becomes even more fun - I haven't counted the 46th letter from the end there but the 46th word amounts to the same thing. . . .

What is hidden encoded in the rest of the text?

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham:
Hi

I do wonder at the validity of such mathematical exeercises, considering that the original inspired text wwas, presumably, written in Hebrew.  I wonder how that fits the theory?

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar:
Well it tells us something about the people who translated the King James version and messages that they spelled out between the lines.

One should remember that in those times there had been a few hundred years of discord in Christianity which had yet to work through another century or two.

On the continent things remained nasty for some time to come, with alternate villages and valleys being ruled variously by Protestants, Anabaptists, Calivinists and Catholics and it was all too easy to get one's head cut off for saying the wrong thing in the wrong place.

The result of this was that the elite were looking for ways of cutting through the controversies that split people apart, and looking for ways of bringing people together. They were, to say the least, shaking the spear at ignorance and the merely taking of texts at face value.

The rise of literalism has caused people now not to seek ways of unification but merely in its nonsenses to turn their backs, the christianity of the simplistic sort often coming from brands in the USA being seen to be against the everyday experience and beyond sense.

The problem now is not a local one as it was between brands of Christianity but now worldwide between brands of faith. We need to shake our spears at our brand and focus on the Creator God bringing people together in common worship and understanding of those things that bring us all together to create.

We need to shake our spears at our children's perception that their milk comes from Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl and ASDA, arguing which milk is the right milk, and reach back to the farmers and in particularly the cows. Our God the Creator isn't the supermarket but is the cow that gives us milk in the land of milk and honey.

Is anyone aware of what other things were encoded into the Authorised Version by these translators?

Best wishes

David P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version