News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

This forum has an important part to play

Started by David Pinnegar, March 08, 2016, 11:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Dear Friends

Looking at http://www.clustrmaps.com/map/Organmatters.co.uk regularly, particularly in the evenings, it's apparent that this forum has a really important part to play in the spreading of enthusiasm for organs, and all that goes with them.

THANKS to the half dozen members who hold the banner of organs aloft in posting here and looking at the subjects viewed http://www.organmatters.com/index.php?action=who it's apparent that posts on this forum spread enthusiasm far and wide on a diverse range of organ related subjects.

Can we persuade more friends lost in the instant of facebook to start again posting interesting things about organs?

Best wishes

David P

JBR

I agree.  I read through the latest posts on this organ forum just about every evening and, to be honest, I find the vast majority relate to religion rather than the organ!

Oh, if only there was a much greater input regarding the organ, and preferably its history, design and construction!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

David Pinnegar

;-) Well said.

I write about religion with no apology - for the indifference to the place that the Church can have in the community, and the malaise of religion and indifference to organs are connected.

Perhaps those with enthusiasm for organs might swamp writings relating to religion, making the latter irrelevant.

There are organ builders doing interesting things, solving interesting problems, developing new things, and enthusiasts likewise, and a wonderful heritage that it's important to write about to keep alive.

Best wishes

David P